Cutting PVC and Plastic help please

I use a good sharp tuping cutter when I need streight cuts in pvc works great.

Donny, As you move that tube into the blade when it breaks into the inside stop going forward and rotate[ Roll in place] the tube toward the back of the saw. You will be cutting on the top and the bottom will be your guide. Should give you a square cut every time.****
*************Just Saying*********************Gator**************************

Good evening everyone, I know a lot of you are well rounded with many machines and tools. I've been having a small issue yet for what I do it results in a big issue.

I am trying to cut a pvc tube and for the life of me can't figure out why it always chip at the very end and also it is not perfectly flush.

I've tried mitre saw and cut off saw with blades that have teeth and without. Always result in the same thing.

Here is a picture of what all of my cut off pieces look like. The part where the chip is hanging is the bottom of the tube. Notice the angle of the slope as well, going from left to right. Is there any tool out there that will enable me to get flush cuts every time? I also tried the taping method but it still chip and slopes.

View attachment 82440

I used a power miter saw to cut 1-1/2" dia. The pipe is breaking off before the blade gets to the bottom. Try a bandsaw or a PVC tubing cutter. Good luck

Use a masonry blade in a miter saw or a table saw. Makes a smooth cut in PVC

A Japanese backsaw and a cheap wood mitre box will work every time and leave a very nice cut.

Back