Cutting oil

Ken,

When my gallon Ridgid Extreme ran out I bought some Mobilnet 766. I could not be happier, and you are right, the price point is nice. Even at MSC, the price per gallon is under $17, plus shipping.

When turning barrels I add STP to the 766, the mix enables the oil to stick to the material at moderate speed
I wish I had seen this earlier, I just went to MSC, McMaster, Amazon , zoro ... 25.54 at McMaster is the least, MSC 28.81.
quite a difference in price from the 4th.

I bought mine from a machine shop that was a distributor. I am not sure how you would get it on your side of the pond. This stuff is very good and seems to be the cutting oil of choice for manual machines on this side of the pond.

Paul.
I found lalonde Canada to be the distributor over here, contacted them to see if the ship a single bottle of their RTD liquid to try,they responded within an hour today ,will send the price and shipping cost on monday, I really like to try this oil especially for cutting metal on my horizontal bandsaw.
http://www.lalonde.ca/

I too like the Mobilmet 766 far better than dark cutting oil. I still have a quart of the Oatey oil here, so I use it for tapping just so I can eventually use it up. Any power cutting gets the 766 treatment, however.

I too like the Mobilmet 766 far better than dark cutting oil. I still have a quart of the Oatey oil here, so I use it for tapping just so I can eventually use it up. Any power cutting gets the 766 treatment, however.
Terry--
Did you find it somewhere locally?
Bill

I purchased the Mobilmet 766 through either Enco/MSC or McMaster-Carr, I forget which. The Oatey dark cutting oil I found at my local Ace Hardware store ten years ago or so, but I know for fact that they still carry it.

I think the small mom and pop type stores are more likely to carry items that the big box stores would not even consider. Big box stores focus on selling volume, which means only carrying items that they know they will sell regularly. Small stores think about providing service and accommodating as many customers as possible and not just maximizing their sales volume.

I know this is long shot but if any of the members in Ontario, Canada is interested in buying the RTD LIQUID that Paul (samthedog-post#15) mentioned,I got a reply from the local distributor(Oakville, Ont.),the price for a 400g bottle is $25 CDN$ plus shipping.I myself find it to be slightly too expensive for such small bottle but would chip in to buy a pail and divide between us.
20160229132019_RTD Liquid 400ml lo.png

I no longer use cutting oils, I use TapFree for nearly everything; I'd have it on my pancakes if it tasted better!

I know this is long shot but if any of the members in Ontario, Canada is interested in buying the RTD LIQUID that Paul (samthedog-post#15) mentioned,I got a reply from the local distributor(Oakville, Ont.),the price for a 400g bottle is $25 CDN$ plus shipping.I myself find it to be slightly too expensive for such small bottle but would chip in to buy a pail and divide between us.
After my last post, I did manage to find an email address for the US distributor. Got a reply today (quoted below). Bottom line for me is that they want $40 for the same 400 grams (about a pint) - or about $320/gallon. Plus, they're facing an MOQ (I assume minimum order quantity) of 100 units. Sorry, folks, that's WAY too rich for my blood :(

Quoted from email:

sales@indestructiblepaint.com

Hi ,
ROCOL 53072 is $ 39.98 per 400 grams.
We do not have stock at this time. This will need to be drop ship from our UK facility. There is a Large MOQ 100 pcs.
The MOQ will drop once I can combine them with other orders.
FOB United Kingdom.
P.O. min $ 150.00 per order
Credit Cards 3% Charge
Visa or Mater Card Only

Brian Stoerzinger
Indestructible Paint Inc.
1 Independence Drive
Monroe, Ct 06468
P- 203-880-9130
F- 203-880-9133

I'll stick with what has worked for me,Tap Magic has been great as my cutting oil and tapping oil,I recently bought the extra thick version of it that mixes very well with the regular TM 2 to 1,works well in cold whether, best of all it smells alright .

Back