• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Guest,  We want to wish You and Your Family a Healthy, Happy Thanksgiving! Click the "X" at the top right corner to remove this notice)
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Custom Marlin Lever Gun 50AE

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

barnett

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Here's a few pics of my custom Marlin. It's chambered in 50 action express. The sights are one off, made from AR 15 sight parts. The rear is adjustable for windage and the front for elevation. The barrel is triangulated with a matching comp. It feeds and functions fine,all it needs is Parkerized. Thought I'd share it with you fellow gun enthusiast.
all.JPG front3.JPG
rear.JPG front.JPG
sight.JPG

T. J.

Nice! Any idea what ranges the 2 different sight apertures will correspond to with the 50AE ballistics?

barnett

I haven't shot it enough to make any real distances yet. I'm hoping it's 100 yds. I've only shot a handful of rounds through it, to check for function.

wrat

.50AE in a lever action? Whatta great idea! With AR sights? Double header good idea.
A neat step up from the .44mag levers, I think.

Wrat

barnett

Thanks for the comments, Its been a long project, this started out as a 30-30, had to modify a good bit.

Olddaddy

Thanks for the comments, Its been a long project, this started out as a 30-30, had to modify a good bit.
This is indeed very cool! I've always wanted to do a Marlin 336 in .357, but I suspect the "modify a good bit" part is beyond my ability. I don't care for the square bolt lever guns that come in .357, so my little .30/30 will have to do.

Silverbullet

Now YA Need a nice leather scabbard. And a horse saddle , even a 50 cal sw.on your hip. Did you rebarrel or bore the original . That would be a real cowboy gun combo. I like it , but I want the 45/70 stainless guide gun. Does the compensater help muzzle climb any.

Rick Leslie

Active User
The Marlin lever gun has always been a favorite of mine (336 and 1895). I like what you've done with yours. I would really like to see some details on the mods. With the big bore, I would have thought the 1895 would be a better candidate, but if it works...

I've got a 336 that needs a caliber. I hadn't considered the Action Express, but I have looked at the JRH round. It's a slightly shortened 500 S&W Mag. Built a 5 shot Ruger for that round and love it.

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
I've always liked the Marlin lever actions. Never should have sold my 444. May have to get another one day.

OP: Good work on the rifle! Like the sights. :)

barnett

I would really like to see some details on the mods.
but I suspect the "modify a good bit" part
Thanks for the interest, Rick and Olddad the mods were not as extensive as you would think, some work on the lift gate/carrier ,the loading port, the AE is a lot shorter and a spacer made on the liftgate. The toughest thing was the mag tube and some opening up of the receiver where the tube goes in. The .50 cal is about the size of the id of the tube, the tube had to have a slot milled in it to be able to retain the follower. I'll look to see if I have a pic of the tube. I rebarreled it, .500 s&w green mountain barrel. the comp helps take a lot of recoil and muzzle rise out if it.

5 7