Custom-made 6 meter MIG guns with carbon-graphite liners

General Zod

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Custom made 6 meter MIG guns with carbon graphite liners

uc

uc

new gun 500A (right) next to my current 320A 12ft gun. Massive.

uc

uc

This is a shorty 3 meter also with a carbon graphite liner

uc

Nice!
Are you reselling them or are they just for your HTPs?

Most of my mig gun are 25 foot Twecos, obviously without a graphite liner, I love having the extra length, when welding

Kinda sorta. I ordered 2 spares and they are already spoken for. I'm getting some interest in them though, so if I can rally up some people, I can make another order. Not cheap because the vendor has to custom-make them due to non-standard lengths.

I just finished setting up the 260A gun, and it feeds flawlessly even with unnecessary loops of the cable/whip, and with the same, normal tension setting as I had with my 10 foot MIG gun.

This is with a standard 2-roller, 1-drive, 1-follower drive motor system. Zero issues.

Most of my mig gun are 25 foot Twecos, obviously without a graphite liner, I love having the extra length, when welding
25ft is crazy long. I take it you are using a 4-roller geared drive motor in your MIG?

25ft is crazy long. I take it you are using a 4-roller geared drive motor in your MIG?
Yep (2) Miller 350Ps and a Miller MM252, works fine with .035” and .045” wire, you do have to be a bit more careful on cable routing, when running .023”, but I do it all the time.

Carbon graphite liners sounds like the cats meow! Nice set up.
I used to weld a lot of 1/6" 316 SS, and it was a bear! This would have been a huge help.

Carbon graphite liners sounds like the cats meow! Nice set up.
I used to weld a lot of 1/6" 316 SS, and it was a bear! This would have been a huge help.
That seems to be what I have found from some basic online research. The durability is obviously not what a steel liner would provide, but then again liners are consumables.

Just installed the big 500A air-cooed gun on my ProPulse 300. Max wire feed speed. Not even 2 out of 5 on the tension. Flawless feeding.

That seems to be what I have found from some basic online research. The durability is obviously not what a steel liner would provide, but then again liners are consumables.

Just installed the big 500A air-cooed gun on my ProPulse 300. Max wire feed speed. Not even 2 out of 5 on the tension. Flawless feeding.

Nice indeed.
Keyholes in the tips was another issue we always had. What a pain! Especially with stainless.

Back