Custom fabricated alternator brackets and pulleys

T

Tom Griffin

Forum Guest
Register Today
When I was building my Chevelle, I wanted to mount all of the accessories as low as possible on the engine to give the engine compartment a cleaner look. The commercial varieties were either too expensive or not quite what I was looking for so I decided to make my own. The arms are just plate aluminum sawed and belt sanded to size from cardboard templates. They attach to existing tapped holes in the heads with turned aluminum spacers and bolts. The adjustment is just a couple of rod end bearings (right and left hand) connected by a turned aluminum nut. The whole setup was then blended and buffed to give it a nice appearance. I have a lot of miles on the set-up and have had zero issues with it. It's a nice rigid and easy to adjust design. I also made the water pump and crankshaft pulleys just for fun, and a matching set of power steering brackets.

Tom

116_1611.JPG

116_1612.JPG

116_1614.JPG

116_1611.JPG

116_1611.JPG

116_1612.JPG

116_1612.JPG

116_1614.JPG

116_1614.JPG

Very cool TL, I love the turnbuckle idea for belt adjustment-I wish OEM's would do that!

Thanks guys.

The pulleys were painful enough without the addition of teeth. :eek:

Tom

looks really nice and the pulleys look great i like the countersunk screws it gives it a nice look
steve

Back