Curiosity

Richard Metzger

Registered
Registered
_IGP3735.JPG_IGP3736.JPG_IGP3737.JPG_IGP3738.JPGHi,
I asked the elders.No one knows or remember !!! what it is.The 95 years old gentelman just disregarded the question,meaning something like ah that's what you are playing with you kids.I am 65.

_IGP3735.JPG _IGP3736.JPG _IGP3737.JPG _IGP3738.JPG

Those are chain chokes for a steel deck with slotted fittings to chain stuff in place, Used to work with em every day when I was a tow operator on a 199 Ton rotator and a 65 tone under reach tow truck for semis and large trucks. Ahhh yesss, those were the good ole days back then...

Bob

Those are chain chokes for a steel deck with slotted fittings to chain stuff in place, Used to work with em every day when I was a tow operator on a 199 Ton rotator and a 65 tone under reach tow truck for semis and large trucks. Ahhh yesss, those were the good ole days back then...

Bob

I was going say I used something like them as hold-downs mounted to chains for a car carrier.

Re: Curiosity again

Bob

Thanks a bunch Bob.
I have posted a thread on vintage machinery chapter about a Rudel lathe it's canadian made, but except the indication Timken bearing equiped, I do not know much.Any information will be welcomed.
Take care,
Richard Metzger.

You can still buy these at truck stops ect..use them for towing dingbats out of the snow..pops right into chasis slots

Back