Crooked draw bar threads in arbor

Yep, that's a POC return it. Wish Chinese stuff had more quality control. I don't know how that got drilled and tapped cocked like that. I would have thought it was an automated process that would naturally avoid that issue.

I would agree a return to point of purchase is in order here and that one would think modern CNC process would preclude such errors. Where I would disagree is that Asian parts/machines have no QC. First off we don't know where this was made or by whom and second Ive had just as many need to return items from US makers lately. Recently a 1' drill that was so off center one would have expected it to not make it out the door of a very old US maker.

Mike, my project is to taper a 24'' rifle barrel by offsetting the TS centre. There would be some slight rocking on both centres because of the off set. Some folks use a ball center for this so I'm giving it a try.

I'm still working out the set up but this is the general idea. Will show pics next time.

The ball centres are working out very well. I made up two sizes 5/16'' and 3/8ths. Here is the set up being used to test tools, speeds, feed, etc. on some left over 416SS barrel. It has a very solid feel with no play in the hold.
IMG_0262.JPG

Back