CRIKEY!!!!Coral snake!

As the wee guy is not toxic, It would be a blessing to have something as beautiful in your garden

As the wee guy is not toxic, It would be a blessing to have something as beautiful in your garden

Coral snakes are venomous. Its my understanding its a quite potent neurotoxin.

Coral snakes are venomous. Its my understanding its a quite potent neurotoxin.
I've read that the bite of a coral snake is among the most deadly in the world. And the toxins give almost no warnings before you are in very serious trouble.

However, the coral snake will never wear the pumpkin image of this guy!
snake.jpg

I've read that the bite of a coral snake is among the most deadly in the world. And the toxins give almost no warnings before you are in very serious trouble.

However, the coral snake will never wear the pumpkin image of this guy!
View attachment 243849
Correct on the Coral snake.
Thats a beautiful Python?

Sorry Guys,

I read it wrong! He is still nice lookihg, And I would give him a wide berth, Fortunately in the U.K. we only have one poisonous snake The Adder, By and large one has as much chance of coming across one as one has of winning the lottery, Back to lurking behind my lathe

I would still prefer to face up to a poisonous reptile than those damned spiders , centipedes and scorpions , They are gross and offensive Yuk!

Well, here in the Southwest we have all those critters to. Spiders, snakes, centipedes, and scorpions. I've had tracks across my foot from a centipede, and I've been nailed by sand scorpions twice. Even got bit by a tiny little spider once. Picked something up and felt a tiny little pin prick. Turned it over and there was a little black spider about 1/4 inch (6.35 mm) across from leg tip to leg tip. Never had any reaction to the spider. The bite mark didn't even get red. Had some tingling around the sting from the scorpions for about 20 minutes. Sand scorpions aren't to bad. Now snakes I give a wide berth if I can. I've seen a couple people deathly ill from rattlesnake bites.

A few years back I came across this Gila monster while cleaning the head (bathroom) in the firehouse. This guy is small but still venomous that delivers a painful bite.
The Gila monster and the Mexican beaded lizard are the only known venomous lizards in North America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gila_monster

Those are 1" tiles so you can see its around 7-8". I used a dust pan and foxtail to relocate him outdoors. My fellow crew members screamed like little girls as I walked past them in the dayroom.
IMAG0212.jpg
I ran into this guy a few months ago while hiking with my son. It was much bigger.
IMG_0840.JPG IMG_0841.JPG

Since we're telling stories . . .
I was visiting friends in Tucson a few years ago and came across a spider in their house.
It was a light brown/tan color and about 2 - 2 1/2" diameter leg spread.
Not so exciting so far.
I turned away to find something to swat it with and when I turned back it was scampering across the hardwood floor.
The thing that startled me was that it clattered as it ran, as if it had hard tips on its legs.
I had never "heard" a spider like that before, or since.
By the way, it escaped. Went under a recliner and I couldn't find it.
I warned the family. No one seemed the least bit concerned.
I stayed away from that recliner for the rest of my visit.

Back