Crazy a$$ Bridgeport

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Anybody ever see a Bridgeport like this one? Head moves side to side 38" It's on CL in Ohio around Akron

Crady Bridgeport.jpg Crady Bridgeport.jpg

I think it's a setup for gang milling. You would have another head (or two) on that top piece, and the same number of stations on the table at the same offset.

Course, I could be totally off base...

I may be mistaken, but it seems to me I recall seeing one built something like that one with a tracer attachment on it. I don't remember it having the normal cranks and handwheels, though.

$1200.00 OBO not a bad price if not wore out plus the unique factor. Gang milling seems reasonable/logical

The one they had at work had a True-Trace unit on it. It still had hand feeds but no tilt or nod on the head or heads.

There was one for sale up the road with that head track on it. It had a second, smaller head on one end and had been converted to CNC. They were asking $6500, so it was listed for a long time.

we had a couple at work many moons ago, it was considered a duplicator mill, a tleast thats what we called it.. wood or aluminum model and stylus tracer on one side, milling head on the other side, cnc machines were its demise. soon as we had digitizing capabilities and cad/cam system they were gone..

Charley,

That is a picture of a T-ram mill. The ones I have seen usually have a True-Trace type setup. The top "table" is a complete casting with the ram and is made to mount more than 1 head.
119.JPG
This is a picture of one I looked at 3 months ago. Most of the T-ram mills I have seen have a True-Trace and are run hydraulicly. With monster tables, 56" and bigger. Like these
t-ram double head.jpgT-ram Single Head.jpg

These can be converted to manual opperation with ball screws. however the one in your picture deffinately started life as a manual machine. If you look at the castings in the pictures i posted you can see the difference. They are cool machines, the only real draw back if you will is that while the head will rotate right to left they can not tip front to back.

Good Luck,
Ben

119.JPG t-ram double head.jpg T-ram Single Head.jpg

The old Rchard Petty racing garage has one painted Petty blue. They have been trying to sell it for a long time. I think nobody knows how to use it or they are scared of it, either way it's still sitting aound and they got tired of advertising it. I wouln't mind stopping by sometime to look at it.

Back