Craigslist search engine !!!

dave

Registered
Registered
I don't know if everyone is aware
There is a search engine for craigslist it's called searchtempist
You enter your zip code ,search area in miles and it searches every craigslist listing
with in your area and then some
Great for finding hard to find tools,parts ect...
I have been using it for about a year way faster than area by area
Just wanted everyone to know

Here is the link:
http://www.searchtempest.com/

I have been using it for about a year. It works OK but it is not great. It is kind of like EBay in that the things you want end up costing more than they are worth due to shipping/ retrieving costs.

Randy

I've used searchtempest, but google also works well too if you set up an advanced search specifying the site as craigslist.org, the search term, e.g., "south bend lathe" and the from date to search and number of results you want.

Best,

Nelson

I have never used google that way
Im going to give it a shot

One thing that has worked great for me for craigslist is plugging the RSS feed of a craigslist search in to Google reader. That way new results are automatically populated in my google home page in google reader. You do have to do a search for each location you want, not by zip code like searchtempest. I have about 5 locations setup in my area.

Shadow, if you can't find used machinery where you are at, try contacting auctioneers in your area. Hard times always someone willing to sell machinery they are no longer using. Most will opt to keep CNC equiptment and sell the old timers as they are just taking up space.

I like SeaarchTempest for the ability to search within a mileage radius, using compound search strings.

Let's see, how far would I be willing to drive for a deal on a yadda-yadda-yadda . . .

I also like the fact you can leave out the "what" and search an entire sub-category
It helps pick up mis spelled or mis listed items

Hey, folks, there are at least a dozen(!) Craigslist search apps for the iPhone. My favorite is Craigslist Pro by Escargot Studios ($0.99 in iTunes) Very visual. Frequently updated. (Usual disclaimers) Works well in the SF Bay Area where I have multiple local zones. I can search by the whole area and/or locality. Very handy to do a quick check while I'm otherwise wasting time, e.g., standing in line at Costco :)

Mike

Back