Craigslist: Farwell No 2 Universal Gear Hobbing Machine

Look for books on Gear Hobbing. Barbara Colmam was big on gear hobbing machines in its time. They published a book that was the "Bible", that you used to set up hobbing machines with. I'm sure it could be used with almost any brand of gear hobbing machine. Are there change gears with the machine?

I don't know much about hobbing machines or their value, but that machine appears from the pics to be in excellent condition.

If I owned this baby. It would be making gears for most of the machines used in home shops and do some modes to make them interchangeable for some that are close , my way of helping to keep our old iron moving. We need more hobbing going on for sure. Too many machines junked for lack of a gear.

Glad I'm not closer, I'd have to seriously consider adding her to my arsenal.
Lots of change gears, to bad there aren't more hobs!
I've not even considered a hobber due to the prices they fetch.
This one would at least think about it!

Daryl
MN

Hello all. I purchased this machine yesterday, and was searching for information on it and came across this post. The machine is in great shape and was used to make gears for trolley drives on overhead bridge cranes. Hope to get it unloaded and running soon.

Congrats on your purchase. Sounds like you could keep it busy just here on HM. Have never seen one operate. Will they cut helical gears as well as straight? Mike

From what I've read and understood, hobbing is the best answer to gears!
Covet...

Daryl
MN

Back