Craftsman Repulsion Induction Motor Wiring

Alittlerusty

Registered
Registered
IMG_1067.JPG IMG_1068.JPG IMG_1069.JPG IMG_1070.JPG Hi I'm trying to wire up a 1 1/2 hp 115/230 volt vintage motor and don't know where the elecatrickery goes .It's a model 551-1940. I'd like to wire it for 115 initially so I can just throw a plug on it and see if it's ok . If it is then I'll wire it 230 to install it on the machine when I get that setup. And some pics.bottom left of first pic is 115volt diagram( flash was on) thx in advance!!

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

Looks like there are just 4 wires so for 115 you just bring them out as two pairs: black/yellow and green/white and connect a cord. Easy as pi :)
If the colors are not readable you can use a continuity tester or ohmmeter to locate the two windings' ends. But they have to be "in phase" in other words, black/white and green/yellow won't work- probably just hum.
Mark S.

Good deal, just follow the 230 volt diagram when you get to that point, be sure you have a safety ground wire to the motor frame too.
Mark S.

It was wired 230 already but they had used green as a load wire , had me second guessing and didn't want to smoke it

Just for fun, I played with your wiring diagram photo a bit. Looks like you've had your questions answered OK, so by now, this will be redundant.
Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 4.16.00 PM.jpg

Back