Corliss Steam Engine

Would you like to see more photos of this steam engine?

• Total voters
Wow! Nice... Could you give us an idea of what size it is? 19 years is a LONG time on one project...

Very nice engine. I have projects that have languished nearly as long. In the end, it takes what it takes. The vagaries of life have a way of changing the best laid plans. She sure is pretty. I assume you have lit her up. Must be fun to watch it run. Cheers, Mike

Very nice engine. I have projects that have languished nearly as long. In the end, it takes what it takes. The vagaries of life have a way of changing the best laid plans. She sure is pretty. I assume you have lit her up. Must be fun to watch it run. Cheers, Mike
Mike,
I have run this Corliss on compressed air at this point, working on the boiler and steam feed pump.
David

I don't think you would find many people on this forum that would click 'No' we don't want to seen more photos to anything - let alone a cool looking engine like that. Well done.
Hope we don't have to wait another 19 years to see it running under steam.

That is nice, to bad they are not in business any longer, I think a set of those castings would be nice. If you do up the drawings, Would love to have a set, and am sure some others would like it as well. Looks like you need a nice mill to do this, just another reason to get one.

excellent craftsmanship and beautifully constructed
very well done!
:aok:

Very nice, thanks for the post

Back