• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Corliss Steam Engine

Would you like to see more photos of this steam engine?

• Total voters
Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Wow! Nice... Could you give us an idea of what size it is? 19 years is a LONG time on one project...

FOMOGO

Active User
Very nice engine. I have projects that have languished nearly as long. In the end, it takes what it takes. The vagaries of life have a way of changing the best laid plans. She sure is pretty. I assume you have lit her up. Must be fun to watch it run. Cheers, Mike

workingsteam

Iron
Registered Member
Very nice engine. I have projects that have languished nearly as long. In the end, it takes what it takes. The vagaries of life have a way of changing the best laid plans. She sure is pretty. I assume you have lit her up. Must be fun to watch it run. Cheers, Mike
Mike,
I have run this Corliss on compressed air at this point, working on the boiler and steam feed pump.
David

MozamPete

Active User
I don't think you would find many people on this forum that would click 'No' we don't want to seen more photos to anything - let alone a cool looking engine like that. Well done.
Hope we don't have to wait another 19 years to see it running under steam.

kvt

Active User
That is nice, to bad they are not in business any longer, I think a set of those castings would be nice. If you do up the drawings, Would love to have a set, and am sure some others would like it as well. Looks like you need a nice mill to do this, just another reason to get one.

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
excellent craftsmanship and beautifully constructed
very well done!
:aok:

5 7