Copycat Mill Build.

hi
i could not post the wiring diagram you were asking about in your pm so i posted it here for the DQ2722M controller
in the box on the left side you will only use connections on pins 1,2,3,4 all the others are not used
steve

423963925_o.jpg

Thanks,

i guess I have another problem then. Hope it's not a bad driver.

when I plug it in the green light blinks twice then goes out and red light starts blinking. I jog the z and motor jerks erratically.

Disconnect motor from driver same blinking lights.
disconnect breakout board from driver same blinking lights.
turn off all dp switch same blinking lights

lanham

you have 2 sections of switches labled d1-d4 and d1-d6
in the 4 switch set d1-d4 are all on
in the d1-d6 section
d1 on
d2 off
d3 off
d4 on
d5 off
d6 off
is that what you have? it should be
Did you copy my mach3mill.xml file into your mach3 directory? you should and restart mach3
let me know if that helps we need to see if anything is set wrong before changing drivers
if there is still a problem we need to check the motor wiring for crossed wires
how many wires was the 4200 motor and colors if your still not working
steve

http://www.wantmotor.com/ProductsView.asp?id=256&pid=75&sid=82

Here is the response I got from the company, not sure what it means. :nuts:

Hi friend,
How are you?
Thanks very much for your Email.
Would you please send me the driver DQ2722M to my Email address: jolie1985love@live.cn
So that I can check the driver DQ2722M, is it ok?
And you want to buy 1 pc 800-900oz-in motor+ 1 pc matching driver+ 1 pc power supply + 1 pc breakout board& cable, right?
Thanks & best regards,
Jolie

Steve,

i installed your XML file, checked for crossed wires and set dp switches correctly and still get the alarm.
the motor was 4 wires.
i sent the company a video of the problem and hopefully I can get it resolved

lanham

that power supply and controller you posted should not run that 4200 motor. the 4200 motor is 8 amp and that power supply is 3.3 the controller only goes to 5.6 amps. it shouldnt work
check the motor with an ohm meter it should read .67 ohms through each winding and nothing across phase or to the housing
steve

[video=youtube_share;hImyteVdacc]http://youtu.be/hImyteVdacc[/video]

steve,

this is the driver I am using, it is a video I sent to longs motor to see if they might replace it.

i will check the ohms later and let you know,

the other link was what I was thinking of using for the 4th axis

lanham

robert the controller will trip an alarm if it does not see a motor hooked to it. i had the same problem.
everything has to be connected and set properly to test the driver. if you set the switches and tested it without the motor connected you still get an alarm
steve

Thanks,

Ill take an early lunch to see if i wired motor or breakout board wrong,

lanham

Back