Copycat Mill Build.

hey blackhawk cool video and i will be watching this because i will be doing this once we get moved to ky. good job:))

all the visable green wires in my pics that are not in a shielded cable are equipment grounds
in the pics showing the power supplies you will see heat shrinked wires going to the equipment ground terminal that the green wire is hooked to. that is the shield wires grounding.
my terminal strips came from 2 denford cnc's i scrapped i have purchased from homedepot and used jumpers as you said also
the two holes by the plug are 15 amp breakers. fuses would work fine and i stripped the plug from a pc power supply as you said
another source for breakers and lighted switches is power strips they are sometimes cheaper than buying the parts. dollar stores are a cheap source
if i missed something please ask
steve

DSCF0222.JPG

WOW, the light just came on about the jumpers and shield. will redo my setup. i have a lot of shielded wire left, is it ok to use for the stepper motors and how long are the runs from mill to enclosure.

lanham

dennis, thats a long move, i was in cali when i got orders for ft meade, took a week to drive. oh my aching back

lanham

WOW, the light just came on about the jumpers and shield. will redo my setup. i have a lot of shielded wire left, is it ok to use for the stepper motors and how long are the runs from mill to enclosure.

lanham

I used shield wire for my steppers. mine was 18 gauge even on the 4200 motor it is big enough
my wires from controller to machine are 10', i figured too much is better than too short. and i didnt know where i'd place the controller at the time
steve

Thanks steve,

For the noobs, like myself, who did not know, a soldering iron will burn through human flesh. dont worry though, it does not hurt for at least 2 to 3 minutes...................:angry: that is the amount of time you got to get some cold wiskey in your gut:whiteflag:

iron.JPG

iron.JPG

You can add a bandsaw to the list of things that bite.

This is from the Yahoo Bandsaw group:

finger.jpg

Ouch indeed!

M

finger.jpg

dennis, thats a long move, i was in cali when i got orders for ft meade, took a week to drive. oh my aching back

lanham

Yeah buddy I know the only good thing is I have been on morphine and oxycodine for a while so I am able to take my morning dose and be able to drive but I think I will be having a issue with my bulged disk the first day :bawling:

I am watching a couple of your threads good job. Are you going to be stationed in ky in near future?

Back