Coop's Canedy-Otto Cincinnati Royal 18

I'm really happy for you, looks like you have an awesome tool that should last as long as you will :) I'll keep this thread for inspiration when the time comes to strip and repaint my Walker Turner. I'm just too busy using it to touch it right now!

Thanks. Yes that little Delta was my main DP until now!

If I hadn't had to take the C-O apart to move it, it would have just gotten used and un touched also.

Next project is going to be the South Bend 9"...

what a great upgrade, although 12mths ago I would have been perfectly happy with your former DP too! Looking forward to the SB9 rebuild, should be a beauty going by your work on this drill press.

what a beauty! You did a great job there. How's the motor and control working out? Is there enough range to be able to cut down on the belt changes? That's one thing that bugs me about mine.

very NICE LOOKING MACHINE! Probably last for three of the new ones yet now.

what a beauty! You did a great job there. How's the motor and control working out? Is there enough range to be able to cut down on the belt changes? That's one thing that bugs me about mine.

Thanks!

I'm loving the VFD. I checked it with an old tach I have and on the bottom pulley I'm getting 300 rpm at 50Hz, 400 @ 60, 500 @ 70...
Pulley 2 it's 500, 600, 700
Pulley 3 - 800, 900, 1000
Pulley 4 - 1200, 1300, 1500
Pulley 5 - 1700, 2400, 3100

I'm pretty happy with that!

I haven't check the run out yet, put it is a lot quieter than it was. The VFD makes more noise than the drill...

Back