Coolant System???

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Morning guys and Merry Christmas,while I'm down for the holidays and my mind is wondering.I have to make me a chip pan for my 12"/36" Sears lathe that I am restoring while at it was thinking of adding a coolant system if a home hobbiest can benefit fro it??The pump I already have its all plastic was use to pump chemicals for water treatment maybe then the rest I would have to collect.Just wondering ---Kroll

The original drip pan that came with my 3996 has a drain bung at the right front corner. 3/8" NPT, I think. I used it and a hose barb to connect a rubber hose that drops down into the 5 gallon can my pump sits on. The outlet nozzle needs to be mounted on the carriage. I attached a bracket to the right rear side of the carriage and mounted a flexible steel tube that stays where I bend it. Tube may have come from a grease or oil gun. I've forgotten. From there to a fitting mounted on the right rear corner of the drip pan I ran one of those yellow coiled up plastic air hoses that come with male NPT fittings both ends. Then a regular rubber hose from there to the pump. You'll want a splash guard over the chuck area. When you get close to the chuck and coolant gets on it, it slings it pretty badly.

Robert D.

Back