coolant for G0602

Sorry all. I got some kinda bug that knocked me out for a couple o days.

I can see where flood coolant could be an exciting proposition at speed. I have no desire to build an enclosure to contain that kind of conflagration. I like the drip idea for the lathe. When I get the lathe, if I can swing it past SWMB, I'll put a screened drain fitting on the pan before putting it on the bench. I imagine most of the drips will be consumed, and the drain will take care of what little extra there is.

For my X2 mill that is about half converted to CNC... For that I think I need to do something about my compressor situation and use a mist system.

Now, back to the bathroom reno and drawing up bench plans for the planned lathe.

Larry

I will have to get pics. I had some on here when I made my ER40 collet chuck. I am using the trico mister I run 15psi to the mister. then open the air valve just enough to blow chips from the tool then crack open the coolant vale just enough to drop the air timp. if I put my finger in front of it the air is cold and finger bearly gets wet. Works realy well no mess. I do not use the airbrush compressor as I have a 60 gal.7hp I do know of some one using that compressor for mist. I am using less pressure and cfm than an airbrush. so no reason why it wouldn't work. I do not have to wory about nois in my shop. Thank god.:happyhappy:

Here is pic of my mister in action.0322142219[1].jpg0322142217[1].jpg0322142218[1].jpg Doesn't show much as there isn't enough comming out to see.

- - - Updated - - -

And here is using a pump sprayer for drip coolant can also be used for flood. For some one that can't use a compressor this works great. I am using a little $6.95 unit from walmart. A 1 or 2 gallon sprayer would be better. I just through this together to show that it will work quite well.

0322142218[1].jpg 0322142217[1].jpg 0322142219[1].jpg 0322142214[1].jpg

Last edited:
Back