Converting My New 1340gt 3ph Model To Vfd

Ordered all the switches, wire,braking resistor etc for the next part of the build.I built the box for the vfd this weekend and got that hooked up.The lathe stand was finished a week ago. I have been busy in my spare time with all this. I would like to post pictures but I don't know how. Never belonged to a site like this one. Any help would be appreciated. I know you guys will come through. Thanks.

Welcome Randy, I'd love to see the pictures so here's how you to can post pictures.
First subscribe to a photo hosting site like Photobucket, (it's free) upload your pictures to Photobucket, once you have that sorted, it's pretty simple.

In the main page or Library View of Photobucket each picture will have about 4 choices of image type, click on the 2nd from top "DIRECT" and copy that link by highlighting it and using CRTL 'C'
Now in the forum posting window look at the top of the frame and open the icon that looks like a picture and click on it, once the window opens click in the Image URL and press CRTL 'V'
That should post the link to the little window now press "Insert" and the picture should appear.

The picture will appear where your cursor was last clicked.

Like this.
photo%20148_zpsyc3c87x1.jpg

Last edited:
Also forgot to mention when you download photos from your phone or camera, use the medium size, 640 X 480 (100-200 kb) otherwise you may post pictures that are too big to fit properly on most screens.

The one above is 97kb, and 640X480 and was taken with an iphone and looks about the right size to me.

Just experiment and I'm sure you can figure it out.

David

Last edited:
Thanks for the info David, me and the wife will attempt to post pictures this weekend.

You can also upload the file directly from your computer to the site.

Push "Upload a File" and you get a popup where you browse to the file location.

Pick file, then "Upload" the file. Then you can place it in your post. No need for Photobucket this way.

You can also upload the file directly from your computer to the site.

Push "Upload a File" and you get a popup where you browse to the file location.

Pick file, then "Upload" the file. Then you can place it in your post. No need for Photobucket this way.

Thanks, I like that, will try that next time as Photobucket can be a bit slow when using the free service.

David

Been awhile since I posted. I sent all of my electronic components to Mark and he built me one hell of a nice system. I installed it and then I reprogramed the vfd per his instructions and the lathe works great. I must admit it was a little scary ripping apart a new lathe, but when you get great help from this site, no need to worry. Mark also built me proximity sensor that works great. I can't say enough about Mark, a great guy. So if anyone else should need some work done, contact Mark and be patient. It will be worth it.

Back