Controller board for miller Syncrowave 180 SD Tig Welder

richl

Active User
Registered
I am bidding on a miller syncrowave welder on ebay. The price is low enough to warrant it, if it goes over my max, no problem, it will be someone elses headache:encourage:
But, if the parts are as affordable as I have heard they may be, it's an affordable way into tig with a miller machine, something I would prefer.
Anyone have any in site, suggestions, or spare parts laying around. I won't know the serial number till I win the auction, assuming I win. So any parts will have to wait till I get the machine.

Never mind, someone wants the machine more than me, I'm not going that high or more for a machine I'm only guessing on.

Miller welders, especially the newer Synchrowave models, are very scary to buy used or sight unseen. There are a lot of web posts complaining about burned out main boards that are very expensive. And, repairs are iffy. That being said, I have mostly Miller welders, and they have been excellent performers again and again. I have a Maxstar, which is just fantastic. According to the web sites, these are pretty good, and if they break down, it is worth getting another.

How about buying new?

A bit out of my price range. All comes down to dollars and cents, I don't do this for a living anymore. I have Miller and Lincoln welders in the shop now. I would like to add tig capabilities, just not at 2k-3k prices.

A bit out of my price range. All comes down to dollars and cents, I don't do this for a living anymore. I have Miller and Lincoln welders in the shop now. I would like to add tig capabilities, just not at 2k-3k prices.

Don't laugh at what I am about to suggest

Go buy the new Vulcan Pro tig 200 from H Freight
Here is why:
1. Brand new line from HF looking to get into the better home welder market
2. Just bought mine for 729.00/coupon
3. HF will refund FULL purchase price for 365 days...for ANY reason
4. This machine is a clone of the Lincoln pro tig 200 at 1600.00
5. Go look on Welding Web. One of the pro welders did the beta testing on this machine & raved about it. Most comments are good there as well. Yes there are haters as well...
6. I am wayyyyy far from a pro welder, but for my needs this machine has been working great for the past 6 weeks. I have used it 4-5 days per week
7. If it craps the bed in the next year, or I decide that I don't like it, It's going back. Seems like a no brainer to me

Back