Control Board Questions

speedre9

Active User
Registered
As some of you know I bought a Chinese four axis motor driver board. As far as I know it works but I am not sure. I fired it up today with Mach 3 and the axis didn't move. Now I wonder if I've connected it correctly. By that I mean do I still need to run a breakout board? See my other post about this for the type of board I bought. Any comments on this I don't do electronics very well.

Some links would be helpful here. I can't remember what you were working on. Some pictures would be great also.

And mach3 setups can sometimes bite me in hind end! For grins, one time I forgot I left the mill in step mode.0005. And ripped everything apart thinking my motors were no moving. Duh moments. Good luck. Keep us posted.

And mach3 setups can sometimes bite me in hind end! For grins, one time I forgot I left the mill in step mode.0005. And ripped everything apart thinking my motors were no moving. Duh moments. Good luck. Keep us posted.
I did the same think on my initial turn on. It's too easy to condemn the electronics.

www.omc-stepperonline.com
This is a link to the board I have but, I think now that I don't need a bob to run it. What I do need though is, a proper db25 pigtail which I've just ordered from Homann Designs . I made one myself using crimp pins and I don't think I made it correctly. So I will keep you posted on this issue. On a side note, my board has an L.E.D. on it that comes on when it is powered up is that o.k. or does it mean something else. I don't see any referencing to it in the documentation???

Normally the LED means that the power is on.

A standard 25 pin D-Sub cable with the proper ends should work with that board and Mach3

O.K that's what I hoped. One can never be sure with E Bay Chinese goods. On that db25 thing, I was trying to custom build a control box in an empty p.c. case with all the plugs and lights and stuff on the front face. I have not been very successful yet but, I keep on having new ideas and then tinker with them to see how elaborate I can make them,L.O.L.

Back