Confused about new dro

Musky_Hunter

Registered
Registered
I installed a dro on my Bridgeport clone last night. It’s not a name brand dro but it does have glass scales. What’s confusing is I have 200 degree hand wheels on my mill. If I were to move the hand wheel from 180 to 190 the dro reads .255. I thought it would move 10 thou. Im not smart enough to know if that’s right or the dro is reading wrong. Feel free to call me an idiot lol.

With the ability to switch your DRO from imperial to metric, you are all set if this metric system stuff starts to catch on.
Kevin J

I can see where that could be a benefit. I wonder if the DRO I'm getting MagXact MX-100 has that option? I just checked and, Yep it does.

Tim

I have a question probably a stupid one lol , and maybe not all DROs are the same but when you switch back and forth the readout just recalculates ? Like if your drilling a bar the first few holes are spaced in inches , then mm , and finish in inches .

When you switch between units, most do retain the "counts", and will do it properly. Keep in mind that most of the scales are calibrated in "microns" which is a metric unit. So this means any Standard/English reading is a "calculation" from Metric.

Back