Colt SAA in 1/2 scale

gbritnell

Active User
Registered
Sometime back I was informed of a video presentation on Youtube by a young lady who was building a working replica of a Colt SAA revolver. I followed the build till the end and was quite impressed with the lady's build. I contacted her and obtained a set of the drawings that she created. Needing a short term project I reworked the drawings to build a 1/2 scale replica. The original intent was to see if I could make it fire .22 shorts, 1/2 of a .44.
After experimentation I found that I couldn't get enough hammer spring to set off the rimfire cartridge so that relegated it to a miniature copy.
gbritnell

That sounds like a great project. How can one get a copy of the original drawings?

It's been awhile since I went to her YouTube videos but she used to have a link to the drawings.
Her YouTube name is Waffenschmieden.
gbritnell

Found her but no link. I've been watching her vids for quite awhile , very talented young machinist, gunsmith , and more. Great job on your build , 1/2 scale . I bet if you modified the hammer spring to use compression instead of leaf it would fire the shorts.

I'm missing something here. Did you single frame through the video and sketch them yourself, or does she sell the plans somewhere?

Bob

Back