PM 932M collet help ***Updated***

Railin93

Registered
Registered
Got my 932m up onto the stand finally and went to town cleaning it...while doing so i figured i would try to clean a few collets and check the drawbar fit...well i cant seem to get any of the precision collets i bought to slide up into place...the cheap shell endmill jolder and the other cheapo adapter that the mill came with fit no problem...all parts bought thru PM so they should fit, right?...how do i fix the issue?

Last edited:
I see the pin...how do i get the ring off the bottom of the shaft to adjust it?

Ok soooo...i managed to get the ring off, set screw out but now i see no way to get to the head of the pin to turn it to back it out....am i missing something here???...did not realize this machine was going to be this big a pain in the ass...so far nothing has gone smoothly with it...
20171123_204326.jpg

A problem with R8 collets is there is no standard as the collet and socket are proprietary to Bridgeport. As a result it is often hit or miss regarding collet compatibility.
At work, we had purchased a Grizzly G0755 which also uses a set screw for the pin. Eveything was fine for the first few months and then it became more and more difficult to insert collets. The problem was there was no way of fixing the set screw position in place and it slowly workjed its way into the socket.
I removed the OEM set screw and machined a dog point on a socket head cap screw. I verified the point would fit all the collets and end mill holders we had and the length of the screw was adjusted so when the point was properly positioned, the screw was tightened securely. As I recall, the final adjustment was done using shim washers.

Its a work in progress right now...ive had it about three months but 13hr shifts 6 days a week kinda kills time to get it set up...but i love it so far even though its fought me tooth and nail every step of the way...
20171123_163201.jpg

Back