Collet closer for 9A

Brento

Registered
Registered
Can anyone take a picture of their full collet closer. Id like to see everything needed for it. I believe i am just missing a drawbar? Im not sure how the collet closer works either.

EDIT: i found the i do have all of the parts for the quick change collet system. But i dont understand how it works exactly. Mainly due to the whole ratcheting system in the back. Is that to tighten the collet?

Last edited:
I assume you're referring to a lever-action collet closer. Yes, the "ratcheting system" is to adjust the collet to the proper position so that the collet grips the part when the lever is thrown. Place a part in the collet, tighten by turning the large collar on the collet closer and throw the lever. If it doesn't pop or snap, tighten a little more and try again. If adjusted too tight, the lever will not be able to snap over center and will not grip the part.

1628083794528.png

Last edited:
I just for the first time installed a collet closer that came with the Takisawa, but it didn’t work. Thinking it was broken, I took it all apart looking for problems. I wish I had read MrWhoopee’s post above, but finally after adjusting the linkage and collet threading about a million times, I found the right combination. It is very impressive how easy it is to work with small rods, just popping them in and out. I measured an average 6 tenths of runout. I like!

I find a quick and easy way to adjust collet closers with a lever is. Throw the lever out then tighten the collar entail it stops. Pull lever then give the collar a few incremental turns and lock. Then you might need one small adjustment from there.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Back