[Antique] Collecting Antique and Vintage Machinist Tools

waynecuefix

Registered
Registered
I would like to start a thread on antique, vintage and just plain old machinist tools where hobby machinists who are also collectors can show photos/discuss/describe their interesting or maybe not so interesting, unique or not so unique items. Maybe there should be an open group area where this can be discussed if the interest is great enough. If such a group already exists please advise. To start things off here is an old mini- surface gauge I was able to purchase recently. It stands @ 5 3/4" tall and the base is 2" dia.

OLD SURFACE GAUGE336 A.jpg OLD SURFACE GAUGE 336 E.jpg OLD SURFACE GAUGE 336 C.jpg OLD SURFACE GAUGE 336 D.jpg

For those who haven't seen Dave's Old Steam Powered Machine Shop here is the link to his first video:

Last edited:
I can't even imagine the hrs. spent maintaining a setup like that. Very cool stuff.

I have really old and sought after starrett tools. Some no one even heard of old Oxtool gonna flip when I get to them in my overpacked shop. I sold something's and they had drawers of hardware on it and there piled in the way to get around. First job after back surgery will be a rolling cabinet holding four drawer sets of twenty four drawers ill stack them back to back and all the hardware will be in one spot. The units are about 24" x 18" x 40" . I imagine it'll be a thousand lbs full.
I started collecting tools and guns back 1968 @ and still do.

Back