Cold weather is coming, how will you heat your shop?

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
Cold weather is coming.
It is hard to work in a freezing shop. Your hands are freezing, lose sensation, and it just isn't comfortable.

My shop is in my basement, located right below the main steam riser, so I get some decent heat from that (if I don't bump my head on it because I am 6'2").

How do you guys heat your shops?

Nelson

I have central heat and air, So not worried about the COLD!

Paul

I've been thinking of tapping into the black iron propane feed line that runs through my shop and adding a radiant heater.

John

Natural gas heater. Will fill the whole basement with so much heat you have to run it on low.

Problem is, in the winter I can't just go out and flip on the machine and start making parts. Have to make sure everything gets up to temperature before starting to cut.

i have a 30k btu radiant propane heater and also a kerosene heater, and i also have a large salamander for fast warmups...

the propane heater i have is a ventless heater, but i have an old trailer window with the crank up panes for venting, works pretty good..

i turn the salamander on for initial warmup, while the radiant heater gets up to speed.. I have the kerosene heater for backup..

Hi all I have a Goodman 45.000 BTU forced air furnice that's in the basement for cold weather upstairs i have a 10.00 BTU window air conditioner for the summer.

I'll just make an adjustment to the thermostat.

My shop is in my walk out basement heated with a woodstove.
Have an oil furnace but use it only if i'm away for awhile.

I'm like Tony. I just adjust the thermostat. Will most likely put in a new heat pump later this fall.
Bobby

My shop's in the basement. Forced-air gas furnace. I keep the registers closed and still don't feel cold. If I turn the heat up, will the shop expand? ;)

Last edited:
Back