Colchester 13x 36 Round Head Oil Change

You will get some mess. I just stuck a rag below the plug before pulling it. Before you remove the plug, have every thing ready and do a hot swap between the plug and pipe. If you fumble with the pipe just put your finger over the hole and try again.

One thing the picture doesn't show is I had a end cap on the pipe. That way you don't have to worry about aligning the bucket up until the hot swap is done. Pipe sealant on the threads is not required. Lathe should take 2 1/2 - 3 gallons if I remember correctly. You can't purchase this oil buy the gallon. Only in 5 gallon pails or drums. I highly recommend you pull the top and clean it out. Mine had a lot of crap in it and a broken roll pin. I was able to find a replacement pin at Tractor Supply, in stock. It is a long pin. I think 1/4" x 2-1/4". Use a anaerobic gasket maker to reseal the top.

They sell rubber drain lines for small engines that should work . I would get a 6" nipple and ball valve if it was my lathe . Yes the first time may be a little messy but the next will be a no dripper.

Great idea but on the 15" I have there isn't enough clearance. You have to pull off the apron drive gear and shift the banjo over just to get to the plug.

Back