Code Name : Operation Spanner Wrench- 5c Collet Block

Nice job Mike! I'll be copying this soon since I just bought the same collet block set.

Nice job Mike! I'll be copying this soon since I just bought the same collet block set.
Thank you very much T.J.!!!
i hope you have fun making your wrench!!!
i'd like to see your version when you are done :grin:

Nice job, till you said something I never paid attention to the fact that most of the set I have seen do not have the spanner with them. Again nice job.

Nice job, till you said something I never paid attention to the fact that most of the set I have seen do not have the spanner with them. Again nice job.
Thank you very much Ken.
i agree, it's kinda like getting a car without a spare tire :fatigue:

Thank you very much Ken.
i agree, it's kinda like getting a car without a spare tire :fatigue:
It's kind of like getting a car without the ignition key, a non starter. You can tear up the knurled nut with a water pump pliers, kind of like hot wiring a car...
When I got mine I used the shank end of a drill bit that fit the hole until I got a pin spanner wrench that fit, it was a bit painful and awkward but it worked. :eek 2:

REally nice work Doc, they look well made and of course nothing beats the satisfaction of making something that's so well designed and solidly built.
It bugged me a bit when I found my ER 32 collets, (and chuck) did not come with the proper wrench, there's no way you can tighten /loosen the nut without damaging it, I did buy the wrench separately but after seeing yours I think I should have made one,still might.

Last edited:
i agree, it's kinda like getting a car without a spare tire
Yea, the last couple of cars we purchased did not have spares, I was like what the over, They have now done that to save weight.
And a way to charge you more to order one. Also does not have lug wrench etc Just a lttle air compressor that I felt would not air up a ball.

REally nice work Doc, they look well made and of course nothing beats the satisfaction of making something that's so well designed and solidly built.
It bugged me a bit when I found my ER 32 collets, (and chuck) did not come with the proper wrench, there's no way you can tighten /loosen the nut without damaging it, I did buy the wrench separately but after seeing your I think I should have made one,still might.
Thank you Ken for your kind words.
i'd like to see what you come up with for the ER32 nut!

Yea, the last couple of cars we purchased did not have spares, I was like what the over, They have now done that to save weight.
And a way to charge you more to order one. Also does not have lug wrench etc Just a lttle air compressor that I felt would not air up a ball.
Why would a car come without a spare???
i can understand cutting some corners, but that's ridiculous :blue:

Back