[Metrology] Cnc Probe And Pendant Recommendatoons

FYI - I have a pendant like Steve has but find the xbox controller easier to use and it can be configured however I like.

I have the joysticks configured to run each axis at 50% speed and full speed when the trigger button is depressed. The direction pad is configured to have the x and y axis jog 0.001" and the "X:" button toggles the jog mode for the z axis. Start, Stop & Pause with the green, red and amber buttons. I use the "start" button to manually turn the spindle on-off. R & L bumper buttons toggle the flood or mist on-off.

Setting a part zero takes less than a minute and I'm becoming proficient at manual machining just using the controller. One of these days I need to see if there is a way to increase/decrease the spindle speed.

Steve, I picked up one on the pendants that you recommend and I am having a little trouble in setting it up on different screens for Mach3. I can configure it ok using the Hotkey configure screen for X,Y & Z but what is the trick in setting it up for the JOG RATE, SPINDLE SPEED, and SINGLE STEP for different screens. Can you point me to any documentation, for setting it up, for this pendant?

My pendents worked right out of the package for everything except I had to set up X Y Z A in hot keys. the pendent does not work in "other screens" only program run screen, Mdi is looking for keyboard input. I do have a Chinglish version of the directions somewhere but It will be a bit for me to find it because of the holidays honeydo list I have.
Steve

My pendents worked right out of the package for everything except I had to set up X Y Z A in hot keys. the pendent does not work in "other screens" only program run screen, Mdi is looking for keyboard input. I do have a Chinglish version of the directions somewhere but It will be a bit for me to find it because of the holidays honeydo list I have.
Steve
Now I see why it does not work properly with custom screens, let me know if there is a way to program it in. Bob

I got my pendant (same as your's) in yesterday's mail with no instructions. It's got a USB plug on the cable so I am assuming it plugs into any USB port on the computer same as a keyboard for input. For less than $28 delivered I shouldn't complain.

Tom S.

I got my pendant (same as your's) in yesterday's mail with no instructions. It's got a USB plug on the cable so I am assuming it plugs into any USB port on the computer same as a keyboard for input. For less than $28 delivered I shouldn't complain.

Tom S.

Plugged it into the USB port and most of the buttons work. X++/--, Y++/--,and Z++ work as does the E-stop button. The jog rate and feed rate buttons don't do anything.

I'll do some web surfing and se if I can find some literature.

Tom S.

Plugged it into the USB port and most of the buttons work. X++/--, Y++/--,and Z++ work as does the E-stop button. The jog rate and feed rate buttons don't do anything.
I'll do some web surfing and se if I can find some literature. Tom S.
Tom S, Let me know if you find anything as I also have the same problem. Bob

Tom S, Let me know if you find anything as I also have the same problem. Bob

I was able to find some info. In my search there was a reference that said, "Press the Scroll Lock button on the keyboard, the USB self-checking light on, the pendant will turn on". Did this and nothing changed. I also found this chart which isn't anything new.
Mach3_pendant2.JPG

Also found the attached instructions but they weren't much help either. It appears that the axis buttons are configurable but the others are not.

Spindle On/Off, Origin Point, F-, -Z buttons do not work on my pendant. I can set the hot key for -Z but then my keyboard -Z key doesn't work. The Spindle On/Off button is not important to me because I don't have my spindle configured in Mach. The Origin Point, which I believe is the same as "Go to Zero" or "Ref All Home" would be nice to have as would the F- button.

I've unplugged the pendant and plugged it back in as Steve suggested in his first post above and restarted Mach several times. Nothing changed and I'm at a loss as to how to configure the non-working buttons. I'll keep looking.

Tom S.

Attachments

• USB PENDANT FOR MACH3 MANUAL (2).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Did more searching and found that keyboard keys can be programmed to perform specific functions. A program named Keygrabber (included in Mach 3) may be of assistance.

Here's another process I dug up:

Open screen4 (located in the Mach folder)
Open the 1024.set screenset
Find the 'Goto Z' button, double click on the button and a menu will pop up.
About 3/4 of the way down you will see 'Hot Key' and it should be ticked.
Click to untick and then retick the box. You should now get a message asking you to type the key you want to use.
Choose a key, then exit the dialog, save the screen and reload mach.
You should now be able to hit your chosen key and assign this to the joystick.

And another method using OEM codes. See the attached file of codes.

I'm out of town for the next week and won't be able to try any of these methods. If someone want s to give them a try please feel free to do so.

Tom S.

Attachments

• Mach_OEM__codes_.pdf
    159.4 KB · Views: 3
that is the same guide I have, I don't use any spindle control in mach3 so those button won't work on mine.
I know my jog buttons, cycle start, axis XYZA, emergency stop work. I'll have to check feed rate and single step I have always used the mouse for feed rate
and ctrl J on the keyboard to switch jog modes. I'll check as soon as I can get free to the shop.
Steve

Back