[Metrology] Cnc Probe And Pendant Recommendatoons

Jay - thanks for your input. I've been corresponding with the eBay seller trying to get the pendant to work. Unfortunately his english is not that good so the responses I'm getting are very clear so it takes a few days to sort them out. The pendant is still not working but I have to go through the suggested steps in order to get a return authorization. Not complaining he's just doing his job.

Tom S.

Just to close the loop on this adventure I finally got fed up with the vendor and asked for a return authorization. The response I got was less than acceptable in that I was offered a $5.00 refund in lieu of shipping the pendant back at my cost. Yes, I didn't read the fine print and return shipping is on the buyer. This got my blood boiling so I sent the vendor a nastygram explaining that I expected to receive a working pendant and I wasn't willing to spend more money on a crappy product. Actually didn't say "crappy" but he got my point. He agreed to send me another pendant which arrived in today's mail. Plugged it in and lo and behold every button worked!

Now I have three pendants; a working Chinese, a non-working Chinese, and a Xbox360 controller I bought as a backup. Next step is to program the Xbox controller and compare it to the Chinese one.

Tom S.

Tom, that's great that it's working. Was there any software changes or did the replacement pendant work out of the box?
All the keys work on my pendant; but they just don't do what they are suppose to do even after reprograming the hotkeys.
Oh well I just might have to live with it so in the mean time I'm still working on finishing a multi MPG control panel using a LPT2 port. Bob

Tom, that's great that it's working. Was there any software changes or did the replacement pendant work out of the box?
All the keys work on my pendant; but they just don't do what they are suppose to do even after reprograming the hotkeys.
Oh well I just might have to live with it so in the mean time I'm still working on finishing a multi MPG control panel using a LPT2 port. Bob

It worked as soon as I plugged it in or I should say all of the buttons did something when pushed. Most of the buttons are self explanatory but there are a few that were not what I expected. The "ReDo" button is "Rewind", The "Single Step" button turns "Single BLK" on and off (still need to learn what this does), and the "Origin Point" button toggles the work coordinates between zero and current position (on the first pendant it emulated the "Go To Zero" button). Overall I'm pleased with the outcome and with a little hot-key programming I should be able to get the "Origin Point" button to do what I want. And I still have the Xbox controller to set up.

Show us what you are doing with your MPG control panel. We are all interested in seeing new things.

Tom S.

Show us what you are doing with your MPG control panel. We are all interested in seeing new things.
Tom S.
I'm still debugging and configuring the controls. After that I will fabricate a enclosure and find a convenient mounting location. Once set I will make a 3 MPG control for my mill.

AAA MPG.JPG

Back