• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Guest,  We want to wish You and Your Family a Healthy, Happy Thanksgiving! Click the "X" at the top right corner to remove this notice)
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

CNC Mill from Precision Matthews (won't be long).

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Ray C

Staff member
All,

Just found out that Matt from Precision Matthews is taking the wraps off his long planned CNC conversion of his PM45M. Here are some pictures. I have some other emails from him that give some of the specs but I need to dig them up and verify accuracy. He, as usual, has done an excellent job of putting together a fine machine that can come fully configured or built-up over time. He's OK with me posting these pictures and is working out the dates of availability. He's leaving for China on Monday to hammer-out the details -among other things... BTW, due to travel he will be a little hard to reach for a while.

I'll get more information as I can. I do believe this will push me into the CNC realm because it's precisely what I've been waiting for. It's actually more affordable than you might think but, I really need to verify those details. Enjoy the eye candy...

Ray

PM-45M-CNC-Table.jpg PM-45M-CNC-VS.jpg PM-45M-CNC-VS-electrical.jpg PM-45M-CNC-VSFront.jpg PM-45M-CNC-VS-Side.jpg PM-45M-CNC-VS-Side2.jpg

PM-45M-CNC-Table.jpg PM-45M-CNC-VS.jpg PM-45M-CNC-VS-electrical.jpg PM-45M-CNC-VSFront.jpg PM-45M-CNC-VS-Side.jpg PM-45M-CNC-VS-Side2.jpg

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Thanks for sharing, I'm assuming Matt gave you the ok. The CNC45 came out great & I know he's excited about it.

BTW I talked to Matt today & he told me he was going to Taiwan. China makes more sense but a trip to Taiwan is much more exciting.

Ray C

Staff member
Oh yes, I asked if it was OK to post. Yes, he's headed to Taiwan. I was in error on my last post.

Thanks for sharing, I'm assuming Matt gave you the ok. The CNC45 came out great & I know he's excited about it.

BTW I talked to Matt today & he told me he was going to Taiwan. China makes more sense but a trip to Taiwan is much more exciting.

GaryK

In Memory
Rest In Peace
I saw this a couple of months ago. I like that the handles are still there so you can still use them.

I also like they way the y-axis motor is in the back out of the way.

Gary

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Oh yes, I asked if it was OK to post. Yes, he's headed to Taiwan. I was in error on my last post.
Just saw that in your initial post which I missed. Was just looking out for Matt & his hard work but then again it's not easy for just anyone to go & copy this kind of work very quickly. And I know you've mentioned briefly about your relations with him so I should've known.

Bob La Londe

I know this is old news and an old thread, but I was wondering if you had any specs and info on the 4th axis he is now offering with this mill as an add-on. I do not have a PM CNC, but I am quite happy with the PM1440 lathe I picked up from them a while back. Figured if the 4th axis is as equal in quality it might make a nice add on to one of my mills if he'll sell it separately.

I know I should ask Matt, and I will when I get in the shop this morning, but its nice to get somebody else's take on a piece of equipment.

(The PM45 doesn't suit my needs as I do fine detail work in aluminum in a semi-production environment and need great acceleration and a high speed spindle. I already have a heavy 3600 rpm spindle machine for steel and titanium work, and three smaller 24K machines for aluminum work. What I need is a great 4th axis.)

5 7