[CNC] CNC from sketch to part the way I do it

in the mach3 your using for test are you selecting the zx45 xml file i sent you to start it?
if not mach3 may be in metric mode? also check settings in d2nc and make sure it is in inch and not metric mode.
it is not going to show a picture of your part it shows the center line of the cutter size you picked
so if the hole is 2" and you chose a .5 diameter cutter and do inside offset, the display should now show a circle that is 1.5"

Last edited:
in the mach3 your using for test are you selecting the zx45 xml file i sent you to start it?
if not mach3 may be in metric mode? also check settings in d2nc and make sure it is in inch and not metric mode.
it is not going to show a picture of your part it shows the center line of the cutter size you picked
so if the hole is 2" and you chose a .5 diameter cutter and do inside offset, the display should now show a circle that is 1.5"

Yes, I downloaded your xml file and installed it in my Mach 3 folder. I also checked to make sure both Mach 3 and D2nc were in "inch" mode, which they are. I'm running a second installation of Mach 3 and D2nc on a spare laptop running Windows 8.1. My primary laptop is running Windows 7. Could it be a Windows 8.1 issue? Been doing all this practicing using the laptop with windows 8.1.

Tom S

yes it could be the problem. d2nc will not work on "my" win7 64bit pc but it does work on my win7 32 bit,
it works on my vista 64bit and my xp pc's
I don't have win8.1 but it could be suspect. the problems i have with win7 64bit are display and mouse selection issues
Steve

open your g-code file in notepad and then save it as a txt file instead of a tap extension
then upload it here and I'll check it on my pc
Steve

open your g-code file in notepad and then save it as a txt file instead of a tap extension
then upload it here and I'll check it on my pc
Steve

Here's the file.

Attachments

• D2nc.tap.txt
    876 bytes · Views: 9
yes it could be the problem. d2nc will not work on "my" win7 64bit pc but it does work on my win7 32 bit,
it works on my vista 64bit and my xp pc's
I don't have win8.1 but it could be suspect. the problems i have with win7 64bit are display and mouse selection issues
Steve

So far the mouse and display seem to work OK on both of my laptops. I haven't used the Win 7 laptop much yet for Mach 3 or D2nc but will give it a thorough test drive when I get home later this week.

Tom S

open it in mach3, click display mode then re-click regen toolpath
Steve

open it in mach3, click display mode then re-click regen toolpath
Steve

Steve and I had a great conversation today. He graciously walked me through the issues I was having with D2nc. Turned out it wasn't a software problem but a "hard head" problem. Once he reprogrammed my thought process everything fell into place.

Thanks Steve!!!

Tom S

Back