[CNC] CNC from sketch to part the way I do it

this video shows using a few features of emachineshop including the 3d part of the program.
Jpigg at the end of this video i did a drawing to see I can can try to figure out what you are wanting to draw.
thanks for viewing
steve

Steve: I just wanted to say thank you for the time and effort you are investing in this program. Not only have I learned a great deal but I have saved a lot of time that it would have taken me to sort through what is and is not important.

Keep up the good work!

Merry Christmas

Frank in SE PA

p.s. I can't speak for everyone following this, but I would benefit from a video showing what you do after creating the G-code, that is mounting the stock in the mill and actually milling the part. I'm not suggesting that you waste any material but perhaps you next "simple" project from beginning to end, including the milling and finished part. thanks!:))

p.s. I can't speak for everyone following this, but I would benefit from a video showing what you do after creating the G-code, that is mounting the stock in the mill and actually milling the part. I'm not suggesting that you waste any material but perhaps you next "simple" project from beginning to end, including the milling and finished part. thanks!:))

I second that !!!

Thanks so much for your post! I am a furniture builder (to be retired in less than a month) An have filled my former basement woodworking space with metal working machines. Like you, I knew nothing about machining, but I sure have a lot of fun. I am able to make MasterCam fly at work, but that will go with the business. I hope to some day convert or purchase a CNC mill. I am looking forward to your posts.
Regards,
Warren

in this video I correct a few problems with mach3 display of 4th axis code and go into involute cutter making. I'm going to put together a video of a complete project from measuring to machining I just have to get it all together in my head how to do it :thinking:.
I hope everyone is having a good holiday season
thanks for viewing
steve

[video=youtube;2NKcmVfZ0xI]

Last edited:
In this video I started to make a rocker assembly off a small engine. I show how I measures the original and the drawing in emachineshop. Try doing this if you want to feel silly, talking to yourself while watching your hands on camera :nuts:
Don't forget to hit the full screen button on the lower right of the video box to see a really big nose in the lower left....
I hope this is helping someone.... I will be doing this all the way until I have the completed part.
thanks for viewing
steve

note: the video and sound get a bit of sync but you should be able to follow

[video=youtube;qQ1TC0dNtPw]

Last edited:
In this video I started to make a rocker assembly off a small engine. I show how I measures the original and the drawing in emachineshop. Try doing this if you want to feel silly, talking to yourself while watching your hands on camera :nuts:
Don't forget to hit the full screen button on the lower right of the video box to see a really big nose in the lower left....
I hope this is helping someone.... I will be doing this all the way until I have the completed part.
thanks for viewing
steve

note: the video and sound get a bit of sync but you should be able to follow

[video=youtube;qQ1TC0dNtPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ1TC0dNtPw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Steve, this is outstanding!!!

this is video 10 and I'm still having a video to voice sync problem I'm finding to be a windows 7 problem. I hope it is clear enough to follow, I'm still trying to fix it.
I'm still measuring and drawing the rockerbase in this one.
thanks for viewing
steve

[video=youtube;p-7uIlntBG4]

Last edited:
Thanks Steve, for all your time to do all these videos i have lreaned alot already. I should have my machine in the next week or two waiting on the riggers, i can't wait to start playing around with it. Also happy holidays to all on the forum.

Steve, I greatly appreciate all your efforts and time making these videos. I have learned a lot from them.

Paulzox

Back