CNC Conversion Kits ?

Jim, nobody's going to slam you here for using off-shore equipment. I have two Chinese mills and one British, and an Australian lathe. If we were only 'allowed' to use domestic machines and parts, we'd all have to do something else to have fun. Most of the CNC conversions on this forum use at least some imported parts (if not all).

Hey Jimemack, I certainly will have questions when I get things ready to go and will call on you for help.

Notice no one has come back with a negative opinion about my setup? The reason is that everyone is afraid to experiment with Chinese products; therefore, they can't come back with any opinion. I built a $20,000 machine shop that is over 90% Chinese precision equipment and I LOVE IT!!!!

Their products are all high quality, just not long-lasting. That means they will be good for the average hobbyist, whose demands are modest, but lousy for the commercial production team, whose demands will far outweigh the tradeoffs necessary to produce these little mechanical miracles.

PERIOD.

I was assuming you were expecting to get negative opinions about your setup. You went on to comment that "everyone is afraid to experiment with Chinese products". Just pointing out that a lot of people here use offshore stuff and won't be getting too negative about it.

I was assuming you were expecting to get negative opinions about your setup. .

No, not at all. I believe it's the best strategy for a beginner, given the fact that we don't really know where we want to wind up. I'm just encouraging everyone not to get caught up in the "best equipment" thing until they've done some serious CNC cutting. I still have not completely built my system yet, but have tested all of the electronics and all seems well. I am now going to manually machine the CNC parts and see what happens.

I bought a CNC Fusion Kit for my LMS Mini Mill and would never buy anything from them again. I have been waiting over two months for them to replace my x ballscrew. I told them how to fix the problem and they said I would get a replacemet over a month ago. They only answer the email like once a week if your lucky, I now have a mini mill I cant use till they send me a new part. If you are thinking of getting a kit from them beware your in for a suprise, and if you do not have the mechnical skills to modify your mill your out of luck because the parts are not made to just "plug and play" you have to do some grinding for every part. I have a Probotix kit that works the x,y and z axis. I can not say enough good things for the Probotix set up it works very well and the Tech support people always were there to help. On the other hand CNC FUSION ----------------> RUN AWAY and dont buy from them....................

I have built 6 cnc machines myself and helped a few people here build theirs and everything has been Chinese. they all work well with no lack of performance. to convert to usb I use the uc100 from cnc4pc and the manufacture has great tech support. I would not us a uc100 on a lathe though it wont thread. but for that matter mach3 is hard to get set up to thread correctly. It takes the right version and a fussy setup.
the only Chinese controller part I would say to not us is the tb6560, it is unreliable and loves to go poof for no reason. I have 2 of them working on my sherline mill and lathe but they could stop working at any time for no reason.
steve

The cnc routers I have built (4X4 sized teel and alum machines) have all used G540 Geckos. I really like them. Typically nema23 3.5amp steppers. I usually order from Ahren at cncrouterparts or from Dan Mauch.

Recently I have begun a Millport 1630 retrofit knee mill and am using the Ajax AllinOneDC for the 29inch servo control. It seems really nice in the short time I have been bench testing it.

Typically I use mach and have not bought centroid cnc11 full unlock yet (as I own the Mach license already) but it may be on the list.

Back