clock value

GK1918

Active User
Registered
I am really in need for a 2 axis DRO and for my mill thats way over a grand. So Im trying to get some
extra scratch. Just ballpark figure for a 1933 FDR man of the hour clock. The clock has been in this
house since day one. I think its an eight day. perfect condition, green felt and all. helmsman steers
it on the second. Keeps perfect time. Face colors perfect. I see one on ebay they want $900 and
face looks like something from Walmart probably with a battery. If this is not a fitting post, just remove
it. curious Sam

The $900 price you saw was ridiculous. Remember, one can ASK whatever they want for an item. Whether is sells for that price is another thing. I see this all the time on e-bay. One can find several examples of an item for, say $100, some sold examples of the same item for, say $80, and then someone posts another example for $500. I don't get it. In any event, as a collector/student of clocks and watches, the value is about $50-$200. They are relatively common.

HERE are some examples of clocks like your sold on ebay. They are from completed auctions.

Thanks guys I forgot I posted this, I think I will pass it will just stay thanks sam

Back