Cleaning oil lines

Ropata

Registered
Registered
Can anyone tell me the best way to clean out oil lines on my mill restoration?
6e4a4a94c0328cb5cf2b6bec65a23485.jpg
ea95cd9d7d08545bda1ae5d5eb467f67.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Search using tapatalk, pics are red x

Here are the red X pictures from above:

Untitled.jpg 2.jpg
G'Day,
i have heard that acetone works, but i have not tried to verify.
i would say that diesel fuel or mineral spirits would also suffice, i have used those 2 fluids
best of luck!
mike

Here are the red X pictures from above:

View attachment 237231 View attachment 237232
G'Day,
i have heard that acetone works, but i have not tried to verify.
i would say that diesel fuel or mineral spirits would also suffice, i have used those 2 fluids
best of luck!
mike
Yeah they show up for me. I'll look into it when I'm home from work. Cheers.

Best thing to do is put fresh oil like a ISO 46 oil in the one shot reservoir and start pumping oil until you see fresh oil come out at the oiling points. That means, the oil turn from a very dark color to near clear fluid like. Do this until all oiling points show clean oil. Once that's done, fill the reservoir with your flavor of way oil. It means a lot of oil waste, but is the easiest way doing so. That way, if you encounter a oil line that does not deliver oil, pull that line and replace. It is difficult to get a oil line unclogged sometimes. I have a air nozzle fitted with a fitting that adapts over to the Bijur oil line fittings. What I'll do is connect the oil line to the air nozzle and attempt to use compressed air to unclog. Just be sure to point the oil line away from you when you shoot the air to it! If nothing comes out of it, don't look at the muzzle end of the oil line. It could come out and blow your eyeball out and if the oil was to get in your blood stream, kill you. So be careful! If there are metering units, that regulate the flow of oil, in line and that's where the oil flow stops, remove and replace the metering unit. They are a hit and miss trying to clean and get them to flow oil thru once they are clogged up.

Also try ATF as it is thinner and very high detergent so it will clean better.

It also shows better being red.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Are the lines metal or plastic. I'd put some carb cleaner thru them or starting fluid either. Plastic I wouldn't use it tho. Acetone pumped thru even.

Are the lines metal or plastic. I'd put some carb cleaner thru them or starting fluid either. Plastic I wouldn't use it tho. Acetone pumped thru even.
Aluminium. Yeah I might fill the pump with a solvent and pump that through.

Back