Clausing Lathe Carriage Stop

Rick_B

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Good morning - I'm looking for a carriage stop for a 12" Clausing lathe (model 5418). A south Bend heavy 10 or 13 would likely work as well. Let me know if you have something you would like to move along

Thanks
Rick

Rick, I might have that clamp. The one I have I think is PN- 126-045. It has the square head bolt DL-341. Let me know if this is the right one.---David

David- definitely interested - I don't have any documentation regarding the carriage stop so I'm not sure what the correct number is. What I do know is that my lathe has a 90 degree V versus the 5900 series whivch is a 70 degree V. What V does your's have?

As I was writing this reply I got an email from Clausing indicating that the 126-045 stop is for a 5900 series lathe and has a 70 degree V and likely won't work on a 5400 series.

Interested in your thoughts/ideas regarding potential fit.

Rick

Rick, I'm sure this one came off of a 5900. The working surface is the 90 degree face that locks under the bed ways. The only V angle is on the back and should be of little concern, I think it was just a clearance cut. Let me know if you want to try it or get a member with a 5400 series lathe to post a picture with some measurements.--David

Back