Clausing Lathe 12X36

Thanks for all the replys,this fellow was very vague about the lathe and I have an Atlas 10F with a lot of tooling so I really don't need another headache with another lathe. I thought there was something different about the cabinet, the owner was pushing it but I don't need it no telling whats in the draws of the cabinet. I thought it was a South Bend cabinet.
Its still on craigs list in Tampa and the owner lives about 1 hour north in Spring Hill, so thats gas for my car and if I bought it, then its gas for my sons pickup
here's the link to it < https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/tls/d/causing-metal-lathe/6363255052.html > maybe some one else will be able to use it.
regards
dgehricke

I based my original opinion of value based on the assumption that this had hardened V ways. If it's a flat bed, the lathe value as pictured would be more in line with $500. More if there's lots of tooling in the drawers and assuming there's not an inordinate amount of wear on a flat bed. I don't blame you for not pursuing this since it apparently wouldn't be a significant upgrade to what you have now.

Back