Clausing, Atlas, Craftsman horizontal bandsaw bevel gear

mrboo2u

Registered
Registered
As the thread states this is about the nylon bevel gear in the above mentioned saws that goes bad. Right now the only source for that gear is Shapeways since none of the manufacturers stock or produce this part.

Recently my own saw went down and I checked around and contacted shapeways. the fee for it was ridiculous as was the turn around time of 2 weeks to produce and 7 or more days after that to receive it so I found another solution. working with a couple other forum members at another hobby site we found the original Clausing print and have drawn a 3d cad model and converted it to stl so it maybe easily printed by anyone that has their own 3d printer or even taken to a local 3d printer shop and printed for half of what shapeways was asking. With a more reasonable turn around time.

also the shapeways part is not 100% correct in design

I want nothing for the file but need someone to help me post it here or a link to it as I am new and cannot post links yet and have tried uploading it but it says unsupported file

Though I do not need the file, this kind of sharing just makes me happy. Thanks!

joe

yes two threads couldnt find my original post and created this one as a better internet search locator listing all three brands of saw this fits

whats weird is I can load the png file but not the actual 3d file in stl format for it

Attachments

• Surprising Hango (2).png
    Surprising Hango (2).png
    687.6 KB · Views: 7
Credit doesn't all go to me lol. As this is the collaboration of myself and two others. But I do hope this helps many people

Attachments

• 20210108_104437.jpg
    20210108_104437.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20210108_102856.jpg
    20210108_102856.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
You could also upload it to thingiverse too, and I bet there are other similar sites.

-brino

Back