Clausing 8530 random take-down pics

. Can you give me an estimate of how much the heaviest part weighs (maybe the vertical column)? And also, whether or not you think that part could be hand trucked down a set of steps?

Thanks,
Jon

Here ya go, found this while researching the mill. The head and motor are easily separated, the table and knee not so easy but doable. The column is the heaviest single part, relatively easy work with a dolly and straps I would think. Brian

d110d3af-3c31-42dd-af9e-720cb14a60f0_zps3a8fdd31.png

Last edited:
One thing I noticed in your pics is the two bolts? (one small and one big) sticking out from the side of the column just under where the top cross piece mounts to the column. Anyone know what they're for?

IMG_6556_zps30bece62.jpg
They are actually both pins for indexing(I assume) the head and spacer block back to 90 degrees to the table if its moved/rotated. The top one appears to be factory installed, the bottom is a bolt with the threads machined off and turned to a taper. The vertical bolt head seen above (another on the other side) holds the head/motor/shaft to the round spacer block with a bridge, once thats taken off there are four countersunk allen head bolt that secure the spacer to the column.

view of the top of the spacer still attached to the column, the entire head assembly attaches to the "bridge"

IMG_6579_zps5b9cf954.jpg

below shows the top of the column and the bottom of the spacer, the "bridge" is held between the column and the spacer by the lip seen on the spacer, visible are the halves of the hole for the pin

IMG_6581_zps2124fd79.jpg

Brian

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom