clausing 8520

Interesting that the gears are still available. They are stripped out in my 8520, only one gear is actually missing any teeth if I remember correctly. I was planning on making my own replacement gear, but I might just rethink that a little bit, depending on what they cost.
QUOTE]

I know the thread is a bit old, but I just got a quote for the gears. They are in stock and expensive. I am waiting for stock to come in and I will be making a few sets of these if all goes as planned.

341-020 Each $125.76 GEAR990-066 Each $228.20 COMPOUND GEAR ASSEMBLY
990-065 $75.60 12/48T COMPOUND GEAR ASSY

HOLY SMOKES!!! Those eat up some serious nickels!! I can make the whole set for much less. Guess I'll have to get the details figured out as to DP and PA for them so I can make my own. Somebody had it all figured out and posted it somewhere, now I just need to find it.

Hi, I posted in another thread the gears that I purchased for my 8520. I only paid 58 for the gears from MRO Supply. You can search for 8520 gears.

Bill Gruby has a friend that made a set for him. Don't know if he still has all the info he needs to make any more, but might give Bill a shout and see if that fellow is interested in making more or has the specs he could send so you can make your own.

Bob

Back