Clausing 8520 Mill

I have one for over twenty years now done a lot of work with it right now teaching a new guy to run a mill. that table does not look too bad. some stoning would make the table usable. I have seen a lot worse.

Congratulations on obtaining that Clausing! You will like it. I was always used to working with Bridgeports and clones (somebody else's) and I was interested in an 8520 for myself but was always worried that it would be too small. I finally found one a year ago and got it home. Went through it and found that it will need to have a new gear made for the fine feed. It had a few other small problems but they were easily remedied. So far it has been a great machine for my purposes and size has not been a problem. Good luck and enjoy yours!

I just joined the forum and I just bought a Clausing
8520 & a Clausing 8540 - I already have a Clausing
4914 lathe .
I was looking for a Used Bridgeport series 1 vertical mill on eBay when I saw this 8520 in New Jersey . I live in Louisiana And I just had to have it
I bought Them both off eBay sight unseen
And drove 1350 miles one way to get them
I love it

P1010253.JPG I have been using my 8520 for around 6 years now and have never been disappointed in how it performs. Regularly swing 1/2" carbide mills in mild steel with .100 doc. It has never been beat into submission but has been cared for with gentle care. Have installed inexpensive DRO and found it more versatile. I looked for a long time for the power feed by Clausing but have never found one. Giving serious thought to making one from scratch. You will find the 8520 to be a wonderful addition to your shop. All the best to you in your endeavor's.

View attachment 229988 I have been using my 8520 for around 6 years now and have never been disappointed in how it performs. Regularly swing 1/2" carbide mills in mild steel with .100 doc. It has never been beat into submission but has been cared for with gentle care. Have installed inexpensive DRO and found it more versatile. I looked for a long time for the power feed by Clausing but have never found one. Giving serious thought to making one from scratch. You will find the 8520 to be a wonderful addition to your shop. All the best to you in your endeavor's.
Here is a picture of my Clausing 8520

IMG_5453.JPG

Here is the trip to New Jersey to get the Clausing 8520 & Clausing 8540 milling machines .
I made sure I brought back a full load .
I filled up my truck . And had the trailer loaded to its maximum load capacity

IMG_5361.JPG

IMG_5370.JPG

My trip to New Jersey
Loaded trailer and my Clausing 8520 off of it base

IMG_5354.JPG

IMG_5359.JPG

The Clausing 8540 loaded on the trailer
And 7" Southbend Shaper

IMG_5357.JPG

IMG_5366.JPG

Back