Clausing 6914

I found this lathe and wondering if anyone had any info about these models. A search here didn't return anything,

View attachment 229127 View attachment 229128 View attachment 229129 View attachment 229130
I bought a 6913 with taper attachment, steady rest, Aloris with 3 holders, collet bar,, full set of 5c collets, face plate, 3jaw chuck.
Mine was well used, (worn). I had to replace the lead screw, lead screw support bushings, worm, worm bushing, worm key, 1/2 nut, turn hand wheel shaft on apron and bush housing, tail stock key(special part had to make), replace several ball oilers, strip and repaint everything, make new shelves for cabinet, machine a new back gear driver pin(previous owner made a funky one out of a trailer hitch pin, replace both clutch lever handles, replaced thread chart placard. The ways are worn in the chuck area, and should be reground. Quotes are from $2500-$15,000 to rebuild them. I am going to use it like it is for a while. I paid $4,000 for it, sight unseen off an equipment sales online! I paid too much!

They say "you learn from your mistakes"...I must be a genius!

Text doesn't match Subject. Did you buy a 6913 or a 6914?

Never mind. They are both 14" swing lathes, 14x30 and 14x48. If you read through the thread above, you would have seen that in the Clausing Lathes folder in the Clausing section of Downloads there is a PDF copy of the owners manual and an inspection sheet. Be sure to read through and follow the instructions on using Downloads or you will spend time finding the two files.

Last edited:
I bought a 6913 as stated. They are the same lathe basically. I have downloaded from the web the manual for both the lathe and taper attachment. Sorry maybe my post was not in the right place. My intention was to simply put out information on the 6900 series and what I ran into buying one. Not sure what you mean if I "bothered to read through the thread above"... Why so sharp to me? This doesn't make me want to continue posting!

Sorry. What I meant was that you really should have started a new thread. The thread you tagged onto dates back to 2017 and is about a different model number. However, my wife was hollering at me to come and help her do something out in the kitchen and I got in a hurry.

That's ok, I was worried somebody would have complained that i did not use an existing thread. Since the 6913 and 6914 are so close, I was trying to not start a new thread.

I like when people use old threads when appropriate. I think it was appropriate here.

Back