Clausing 6914

JPigg55

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I found this lathe and wondering if anyone had any info about these models. A search here didn't return anything,

A03941.jpg A03941a.jpg A03941b.jpg A03941c.jpg

I found it listed for sale, would like to own it, been looking for a larger lathe.
Trying to find some information on the 6900 series lathes. I'm not very familiar with Clausing lathes, but a lot of people seem to like them.
Not sure what a good price would be either. They're asking almost $3900 for it.

$3900. Don't sound bad at all .
I think if it has the taper attachment get it.
I found it listed for sale, would like to own it, been looking for a larger lathe.
Trying to find some information on the 6900 series lathes. I'm not very familiar with Clausing lathes, but a lot of people seem to like them.
Not sure what a good price would be either. They're asking almost $3900 for it.
I dont see a taper attachment on it

I need a bigger lathe also I have a Clausing 4900
Right now but it only has a 36" cc I need a 48" or 50"
CC . With the taper Attachment.

No 4 jaw or taper attachment, advertised as below:

Clausing 14" x 48" Variable Speed Lathe, Model 6914, 3 Jaw Chuck, Steady Rest, Aloris Tool Post & 3 Holders, Live Center, L00 Spindle, 1-3/8" Spindle Hole, Spindle Nose Internal Taper 4-1/2 MT, Morse Taper #3 Tailstock, Flame Hardened Bed Ways, 3 HP 3 Phase

Nice machine, but $3900 sounds high to me for your area. Might want to check government auctions and such in your are vicinity. Mike

I know the lathe well. It would be a nice HM lathe. The price is on the high side. Some people slam the variable speed mechanism and the hydraulic speed control. To me, they are just whiners and probably just don’t have a clue on proper repair/maintenance, but love to type negativity on the net. That lathe will have plenty of power to turn your hobby projects. And can hold tenths all day. If it has not be recently serviced. Be prepared to spend some more money and time before you get to make your first chip on it. About 6(?) bearings in the power train and the cross feed screw and nut come to mind. And if the clam shell vari drive is worn out? You will need to be handy at repairing it and NOT just running down to the store and buying a new one…Dave

There is a manual and an inspection form on the Clausing 6900 Series for a serial number range in DOWNLOADS. A copy of the blank inspection form would be handy to take with you if going to inspect a machine you are thinking of buying.

Instructions for efficiently using DOWNLOADS will be found in the sticky area at the top of this forum.

Downloads was adapted from what Xenforo called Resources. Its greatest drawback is that it has no Sort capability. Files appear in reverse order of the date that they were added (newest on top). There are almost 2000 files in DOWNLOADS. If you don't use the Category tree to filter out non-CLausing lathes, you will have a LOT of pages to scroll through to find anything.

Back