Clausing 111/4800 spindle upgrade

Cutting the adapter for my 4 jaw. Rinse and repeat...

4bea3338f2938194212f1f5962d4690e.jpg

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Happily, no vibration issues. I'm cutting cast iron, a hundred a side, with ceramic. No problems.

I can see the photos of this project through the post of March 14 but posts following that only show photo icons with a red "X" through them. Am I the only one with this problem?

David

Its the Tapatalk photo issue again. It was updated, and the attach option was eliminated. Sorry.

Thank you. I'm glad it's not something I did (or didn't) do. Hope to see more pictures of this at some point.

David

I'll have to push them onto the computer, and then here. It's a pain, but you guys are worth it!

Will,

When you want to attach photos, you need to actually upload them to this site as you did in Post #28, not try to insert a Tapatalk link to somewhere else as you did in #29 and #30. When you try the link, nine times out of ten you get a red "X". Or most people see it that way. I fixed the photo in Post #30 to demonstrate what it should look like.

EDIT - sorry... looks like you were typing while I was fixin.

Hi Fellow Clausing owners.
I want to under take this project, I am tired of the problems that come from a threaded spindle and want to update my 100 MkIII/4800 to use the D1 mount system. It would be nice to be able to do reverse operations with my old lathe. Any one else done this update?
Isure would like to know how this turned out?
Thanks
CH

Last edited:
Back