Chop Saw Repair

See. Right there. He is teasing us again.
"I've attached a picture of the Jhead next to the Cutmaster lathe."
But not a word about the bike in the foreground. Is that the Ducati (doesn't look like it but . . .)? Back up a little and give us a look at the mill anItd the bike!
PS Nice picture on the wall. Not often you see a motorcycle in a drift leaned over like that!
Oh yeah. Your mill looks pristine too. :congratulate:
The bike in the foreground is my 1970 Triumph Bonneville. It's the reason I started to learn machining. I bought the lathe to start turning stainless nuts and bolts for it. It's cylinder studs most all of the other bolts are stainless now. I posted a thread a while back on the stainless chain adjusters I made for it. Here's a pic
DSCN1780.JPG

One great joy in my life was motorcycling, had a brand new Suzuki ts400 in 1976 . I loved that baby use to ride to work and trail hop when I could. Even tho she kicked one cold morning and broke my foot , cost me eight weeks pay. I had to trade her to get my first lathe , a Sheldon . Few years later I lost my movement to be able and ride . But I loved motorcycling , started with an old minibike , then a mini cycle . You guys with good health don't know what your missing till you lose it.

One great joy in my life was motorcycling, had a brand new Suzuki ts400 in 1976 . I loved that baby use to ride to work and trail hop when I could. Even tho she kicked one cold morning and broke my foot , cost me eight weeks pay. I had to trade her to get my first lathe , a Sheldon . Few years later I lost my movement to be able and ride . But I loved motorcycling , started with an old minibike , then a mini cycle . You guys with good health don't know what your missing till you lose it.
S
Sorry to hear that Silverbullet. My first bike was a new 1972 CB350 that I rode from Columbus, OH to Key West, FL that summer with a backpack pup tent and a sleeping bag. One of the best 3 weeks of my life! I was 20 years old and had been riding a series of my fathers bikes since I was 12, so I was pretty experienced by then. Fortunately I still at 65 I still have the ability to ride when I can.

Silverbullet, guys I know that had 400 Suzukis (including my TS400) took the kick starters off and just push started them. I learned that earlier with a BSA 441 Victor Leg Breaker - which sent me over the bars more than once.
Monk, you can never tell where a license plate relocation kit will lead. Looks like you've done a super job on both bikes. Both look meticulously detailed and maintained. The Duc definitely has what it takes to make it very special - and the Bonnie is just special period. I had a BSA Lightening (BSA's single carb version of the Bonnie).
My motorcycle life started with a Cushman scooter and a street-legal Lil Indian mini bike with a 8hp go-kart engine on it. Both before I had a drivers license. Left home after being factory trained by Honda (motorcycle) and Harley Davidson for a 2 week vacation on the back of a H-D Low Rider but didn't get back home for 2 1/2 years and never did get to my original destination. When I did get back home I had already started a new career in the ski business - go figure. Never been without a bike since that Cushman though!
Monk, I'm just 5'8" 69 years old, with a metal left hip and bad back. I put tall bikes (like the last few; a KLR 650, YZF 400, KTM 640 and KTM 990) on the side stand and climb on the left foot peg and mount them like a horse. I have to slide over and do 1 cheek, 1 foot stops. A good friend said I look pretty good riding a bike "until we see you get on and off"!!
I could talk motorcycles for hours and hours, but I guess this is a machining forum. Sorry (not really) to hi-jack the "What did you do today" thread.

Back