Cheap powerfeeds on Ebay

I have been using an Asong, similar to Align for 12 or 13 years, no problems. Bought it from Frank at CDCO years ago, back when they were under $200. Should have bought a couple but as it still works and I am getting old, maybe it will last as long as me. If Matt at PM has powerfeeds at reasonable price I would be tempted to buy from him even if his price was not the lowest.

Most of the imports use the same parts. We have Align power feeds on all three axis of a BP type mill that is 10 years old and we have 200 to 300 lbs. on the table all the time.
http://www.bestlinepro.com/prod01.htm

Last edited:
If a Servo brand power feed is in your budget then buy one, if not a$300 align well serve you well

If your not able to afford either, do what some of us who unfortunately don't have money. Build your own a very nice one can be made using a power wheelchair or scooter motor . They also have a disconnect to free wheel . PWM s are cheap and ac/dc converters are too. You can easily make fwd + rev, with a toggle switch. With all you need to build even SAFTEY switches should be about $100 , to $150.

I have a power feed from Matt/QMT that I got with my mill. It's an ALSGS that looks identical to the Align powerfeeds. But the ALSGS is made in China & Align is Taiwan. Also has the brass & zytel gears.

I've had it for 5+ yrs now with no issues. Even bought a replacement zytel gear for it a while back but the original gear still looks new. My guess is they get damaged if you don't wait for the motor to spool down before reengaging or reverse direction.

I've had mine apart cause I replaced the power indicator neon bulb with a LED. I don't remember seeing anything shoddy inside.

Oh wait, ok I lied, I did have to replace something but it was just the rubber switch cover for the rapid. Mine dried out & started cracking. I purchased replacements from the co listed above, Bestline Pro. I bought a bunch of them so I'll be good for a long time as long as the power feed doesn't quit on me. And if it does I'll be happy to purchase another from Matt.

I have a power feed from Matt/QMT that I got with my mill. It's an ALSGS that looks identical to the Align powerfeeds. But the ALSGS is made in China & Align is Taiwan. Also has the brass & zytel gears.

I've had it for 5+ yrs now with no issues. Even bought a replacement zytel gear for it a while back but the original gear still looks new. My guess is they get damaged if you don't wait for the motor to spool down before reengaging or reverse direction.

I've had mine apart cause I replaced the power indicator neon bulb with a LED. I don't remember seeing anything shoddy inside.

Oh wait, ok I lied, I did have to replace something but it was just the rubber switch cover for the rapid. Mine dried out & started cracking. I purchased replacements from the co listed above, Bestline Pro. I bought a bunch of them so I'll be good for a long time as long as the power feed doesn't quit on me. And if it does I'll be happy to purchase another from Matt.

The ALGS power feeds are excellent however there are currently clones or bait and switch versions of those on eBay if anyone considers the $120 power feeds being sold today word of caution they lie about the 450lbs torque and are shipping you 140lbs torque. I don’t believe they are true 200rpm either but I purchased a couple for z axis up and down and they are doing the job. Grizzly sells that same model and if truly ALGS than you will get brass gears over plastic. I agree with others I’ve not had issues with plastic gears on the $120 model but they do seem to wear out brushes fairly fast of used daily. I probably replace brushes every 6 months. Also it is possible a brass replacement gear could work if ever needed one but the plastics are readily available among other replacement parts now on eBay. As with any cheap overseas product it usually follows a year or two before parts become available.

The low end power feeds seem to be in the $120 to $299.
I bought from Matt. Works great although I haven’t had it long.
Sharp TMV

Back