Cheap End Mill And Drill Bit Storage

ih8beingold

Registered
Registered
Bought some ice "stick" cube trays meant to make ice cubes that will fit into water bottles. The compartments on mine measure about 3/4" x 3 3/4". $1.25 for a set of two (20 compartments total) at the local dollar store. Should work great to keep drill bits and end mills (3/4 and smaller) organized. icetray.jpg

great idea! so far I've been cutting off pieces of appropriate sized tubing and sliding that over the working ends.
-brino

But that would mean I have to get organized, and not have the joy of scrounging through my box 'o bits!
(why did my font suddenly switch to italics?? ) But seriously folks, that is a great idea. I use the mini
ice cube trays when I'm tearing apart things with tiny screws, washers etc. They are invaluable to me.
I've never seen long ice cubes what are they used for?
I keep all my beer in my beer 'fridge and don't like to dilute it.

Chuck the grumpy AND ITALICISED old guy

ch2co Those ice cubes trays are designed so the "ice sticks" will fit into the opening of most water bottles that people carry around now.

Thanks, that is a neat idea. Never seen that done, but then I don't get out very often. ;^)

Chuck the grumpy old guy

I forgot to add that at first I had weiner holders in my basket. It may sound a little weird but there are plastic containers to hold your weiners when you go camping. Who knew? They close and hold 10 weiners I think. I was going to buy them but the idea of buying a weiner holder was too weird. They would work though. weinerholder.jpg

Just think of them as "Tube Steaks"!
Then the holder will work.
Restorer

Back